Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Another Season Is Upon Us
Basketball season that is. Chris is gearing up for another high school basketball season as JV coach for the Silverwolves. I have a lot of fun going to his games. Woo! Go wolves! It's pretty intense though. Even at the JV level, high school basketball is seriously competitive. In fact, I put together a list of phrases. If you find yourself on a high school basketball team and are wondering if your team will keep up with the competition, chances are you won't if you happen to hear any of these phrases from your coach:
10.Okay guys, first practice. Today I'm going to teach you the fine European art of flopping..."
9. "We are staying in this gym and practicing free throws until everyone shoots them as well as Shaq."
8. "Alright, nice game guys, we were only one touchdown short, we'll get them next time."
7. "Coach Johnson, I'm a little tired, do you mind taking over the second half? I'm going to go take a nap."
6. "So remember, practice on Saturday - oh and who has the orange slices and Capri Suns for half-time next game?"
5. "I put in Fred against that big tall guy of theirs. Fred is so much shorter, he should have no trouble sneaking around him like a little mongoose...GET OPEN FRED!"
4. "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."
3. "Charlie, I need you to put up a half-court shot, we really need those 4 points to tie the game."
2. "What do you mean I'm out of time outs? I read the rules buddy, I get one time out per player, per quarter!"
1. "Let's go guys, hustle your bustle!"