Professions or alter egos I wish I were in another life:
1. A truck driver. The open road, roadside cafes where you can order the 2 egg special from Flo. But the main reason is the CB talk. Of course my handle would be “Big Red.”
2. A jazz singer in the 1940’s. Maybe I could open for Billie Holiday in a smokey café. I just want to croon somewhere in a real sexy dress.
3. An heiress to one of the Newport mansions in Rhode Island circa turn of the century. I would be the envy of all my other rich friends when we have the first motor car in town. Meanwhile, I’ll take brunch on the lawn, Charles.
4. A traveler anytime before planes were invented and after trains. Someone standing on a wooden platform of a train station saying good bye as the train pulls away is so much more romantic than waving after you’ve gone through metal detectors at the airport.
5. A pizza maker. I’ve always wanted to mumble some song in and Italian accent while tossing dough in the air repeatedly.
6. Ninja. Although I don’t know of any small village in distress that would reap the rewards of me being a ninja. So I would probably use all my ninja skills just eavesdropping on someone else’s conversation.
7. Professional violinist. There is a sad heart deep in me that wished I’d never stop taking lessons.
8. A muse for Shakespeare. The tragic kind. Unrequited love seems to have more power over the imagination.
9. Ray Allen. All those three’s. How would that be? I can’t even make a 10 footer on a regular basis.
10. Professional Surfer. Any job where you have to report to work everyday at the beach is a good thing. Not to mention as part of the job you are required to be in the ocean. I would also enjoy the freedom of saying words like, “dude,” and “gnarly” without raised eyebrows.